10.10.2005

Who IS this person?

Well, things are quite different, as in: better.

Preschool is going well. Still a minute or so of drama/clinginess as we get there, and Mrs. J distracts her instantly and all is well from then on. She's made a friend in the class -- Hannah Elizabeth, of all the unbelievable things -- who apparently would go to Emily whenever she got whiny or upset and hug and pat her and say "It's OK". I know Hannah is an extremely common name for kids this age, although this is the first Hannah Elizabeth I've met besides our own Hannah. Whatever -- it may mean something, it just may be a complete random coincidence, but I get some comfort from it regardless.

I seem to have completely thrown off the lethargy/rage/active depression, at least for now. Not sure how much is the new med, how much of it is stuff finally settling down school-wise. I'm like June Cleaver on meth -- the house is clean, stuff is getting taken care of (just minor shit like replacing burned-out bulbs, cleaning out closets, etc.), we are living less squalorously than we were before. Jon has always been one to just do whatever needs to be done, but in his own (disorganized) way. Now without anything being said, he's following through more on the way I do things (more organized) and it's great. Even Emily is getting into it -- and perhaps preschool helps; there's more structure and organization, and she's getting good about putting stuff away and not strewing everything she owns over every square inch of the house.

Maybe it's just a temporary respite from the depression, but it is very refreshing. It feels a little weird, too.

In fact it's almost boring, because I don't have much to say here. I'm a bit wiped out physically from all the work, and it's too much effort to even think of anything else to talk about. Maybe my mind or emotions really are taking a break from everything.

Blah. I will write more if anything occurs to me. Click some of the links if you want something more interesting to read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coincidence or not, if it brings you and Emily comfort (for different reasons), I think it's wonderful that she has this new friend in her life.

It sounds like you're reaching a point of balance and contentment, a place to relax and stretch and just be. I'm thrilled for you.