Right now, it's my BRAND NEW MACBOOK.
Yes, after nearly a decade on the Dark Side, I have gone back. Once you go Mac, you won't go back. Or something.
I have to say, it's been great to finally have MY VERY OWN computer, but wow, a decade away can make it rather difficult to remember how to do stuff.
I got used to the PC interface, and Windows did evolve pretty nicely over the years, and so I seem to have it hard-wired into my brain.
But with the Mac, it's almost counter-intuitive (counter to how they market themselves). It is as though they think they have to do the work for you. I used iPhoto and discovered that somehow individual photos are not saved, so that I end up trying to use a "library" for an avatar. I suppose it doesn't help that I am ten years older and had a brain injury and three kids during that time.
Oh well, working my way up the learning curve should help stave off dementia, at least by another week or so.
1 comment:
Struggling through 5th grade math homework is my flimsy shield against dementia. It is pretty pitiful that it is giving my brain such a workout, no?
Post a Comment