So this playgroup I'm in completely imploded this past week. Something about some member keeping a spreadsheet (?!) about another/prospective member, trying to get everyone else involved, then someone else deleted her, so she went off and started a new group. Wailing and gnashing of teeth ensued. It seems more people were discontented than we had assumed, because now most of us, including me, have joined that other group (although I'm going "bi", staying in both).
Holy hell, what a mess.
On the other hand, I designed an absolutely ROCKIN' t-shirt for the original group, but now I doubt it will get made. However, I'd feel funny about letting the new group use the design.
Max is driving me absolutely crazy. He WILL NOT sleep unless he is attached to my boob, or asleep on my lap, or very occasionally in the car (if it's moving). He will also sleep reasonably well in our bed at night. But this means that except for the times Jon takes him off my hands, he is literally attached to me all the time. Not just waking hours.
He is fussy, too. Not colicky like the girls were, but it seems like he gets bored or uncomfortable or something rather quickly. I'm not sure what it is, really. He does have reflux, and that might be part of the problem -- he spits up CONSTANTLY which is also really wearing me out (and destroying all my shirts). We give him Zantac but I don't really see a difference. I'm thinking I might need to check with the ped again about this.
I had thought about trying to start him on a bit of cereal, because sometimes with reflux babies that will stay in a little better, but I don't think he's ready for spoon feeding yet and I don't want to give it to him in a bottle.
I hate wishing his babyhood away, but I am going to be glad when this part passes and I can use my hands from time to time, or even have him unattached to me for more than a half-hour here and there.
1 comment:
Again, I am to commiserate: when Galen was Max's age, I used to have to drag his high chair into the bathroom and leave the shower door partway open so that he could see me. Otherwise I'd have spent the entirety of his first year smelly.
He had to be on top of me ALL THE TIME. Then one day, we were both stuck at home with a cold... he just got up off the sofa and toddled away from me. Just like that. My jaw dropped.
It doesn't last forever. *hugs*
Post a Comment