8.22.2007

Win-win

So in a few minutes, we'll go pick up Sophy, Emily's favorite babysitter, and she and Emily can hang out for a couple of hours and have "girl time" before Sophy goes back to Vassar on Friday (we have VERY classy babysitters!) and so I can get some errands done WITHOUT someone talking constantly and asking me for everything they see and complaining about how they NEVER get ANYthing, EVER...

And tomorrow is kindergarten orientation. Fingers, toes, everything crossable crossed that it goes well. I think it will.

Now that the hurricane remnants have passed through, it is hot, sticky, humid and in general disgusting out. I REEEEALLY have had enough of summer, already.

We went and helped out at church last night a bit -- they are repainting and rearranging some of the Sunday School rooms. With their usual stellar organizational and communication skills, only about 4 people ended up showing at completely random times, and the babysitting and activities were sketchy. So we bailed a little early, but not before I scraped about 8 years' worth of dried glue and paint off the preschool art tables, and got to know a bit too much about some of the other parishioners. There's something about being in recovery (AA in this one guy's case) that does make one go on, and on, and on, and on and on-anon...

OK, have to scoot.

No comments: